This week… oh my, was it wonderful?! I got to see my family, celebrate my sister-in-law’s marriage with my new family, bring home a new puppy, and celebrate Gus’ 1st birthday with my husband and two of our wonderful friends! I couldn’t have asked for a more heart happy week!
Sleepless nights.I have always known I am not an awesome sleeper, but this week was really bad due to a new puppy and lots of work. I am going to leave my sleepless nights behind and try to get in bed a little earlier. As an eternal night owl, I’m not sure how this will go…but I hope it goes well! Laziness.I like to think I am a very motivated person, but sometimes this is not the case. I haven’t been lazy with my work, but I have slacked on keeping the house clean and such. Thankfully I have an amazing husband who does so much around the house. But, next week I am going to try to take 10-15 minute work breaks and spend them doing small things around the house.
Taking with Me
- Family. Just seeing my family again is always a breath of fresh air. Getting to see them in the desert is even more wonderful. It’s crazy how much you appreciate something more once you don’t have it any more. It’s easy to take things for granted and I want to avoid that as much as possible.
- The Joy of being a new puppy mama! On Sunday, I drove to Sonoita, AZ with my parents to pick up our new Mini Aussie puppy, named Gunnar. (Yes, I not so secretly named him after the character on the TV show Nashville, but Aaron doesn’t know that unless he reads this blog).
- I flew with a puppy on the plane! I am happy to say that Gunnar slept through the entire plane ride, unlike the 7 little children on the flight. If you’re wondering, he slept under the seat in front of me. I was so nervous. Yes, I did give him Benadryl and it probably would’ve calmed my nerves if I saved some for myself!
- My Sister-in-law and her fiancé got married on Saturday, and I got to try something I have never done before. I was a bridesmaid and the wedding photographer! It was so much fun. There was a lot to think about, but after looking through all the pictures, I am so happy with how everything turned out! I never could have done it without my amazing second shooter, Chelsea Dee and my husband (aka 3rd shooter), Aaron. What a fun party!
- Gus turned 1 year old!! I can’t believe our little puppy is already a year old! I love him so much and he has gotten me through so much in my year of transition. He has kept me safe while Aaron is out of town, kept me company while I worked, and just be there to hang with. I am so thankful for this pup!