Valentine’s Day can have certain expectations and pressures associated with it. Fancy dinners and elaborate gifts can set you back a pretty penny. Spending a boat-load on a date is not necessary at all for a magical time. So let’s take the pressure out of the equation and simply focus on spending time with your love. Here are five date night ideas that are focused on the simplicity of being together:
- Cook each of your favorite guilty pleasure meals at home and enjoy it while watching each other’s favorite movies
- Go for a long walk together and spend time talking about your day, or go to a yoga class together
- Have a spa night at home with candles, massages, and bubble baths
- Camp in your backyard – Make s’mores, talk by firelight, and snuggle in a tent
- Explore a part of your city that you’ve never been to. Have appetizers, entrée, and dessert at different restaurants you come across
One of my favorite dates with my person was when we got all dressed up and he took me to a speak-easy style cocktail bar. We spent the evening people watching and giggling over French 75s. It was fabulous.
Thanks so much to Sarah Mecke for her pressure-free date ideas! Here’s a little style inspiration from the lovely Sarah herself while you’re here. Whether you are are staying in or going out, you deserve to feel just as lovely on the outside as you do on the inside. This lady is the fashion wizard when it comes to all things pink!